Monday, June 15, 2009

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi everyone,
As you all know on my last blog my best friend Bambi came all the way from Illinois to come to the BBQ. Boy, that cook must be good, thanks for cooking Maltese. So what has happened since then? Well I made a very important decision. Right know I am scheduled to retire on 10/1/2013, I will have 30 years with the county. My plans were to just stay here until well you know. But of course things change. I have decided that I am going to retire early and go back home. I have already done some things to prepare for this.
1. I have informed the family. I'm not too sure they are happy with me.

2. I have upped my deduction into my deferred comp so that I will have a few extra dollars for the move.

3. As far as school is concerned I do have to go in and find out if I can finish from Illinois. Currently with my class schedule I will receive my diploma come fall of 2012. I have rearranged that schedule so that I will get my Certificate in Information Systems, a Diploma in Information Systems, and AA in Computer Information Systems by summer of 2011. I will receive my BA in spring of 2013. So I am hoping to be home by fall of 2011.

4. With the help of Bambi’s better half I have investigated the cost of living and I should be ok.

5. Telling everyone else, that is why I am putting this in a blog.

There is a lot more to be done. Getting the house here settled, the kids settled packing little things that I do not use but want to keep and seeing things that I have not seen for a while and oh yeah a car. I am sure I will think of a lot more including going to the retirement office to get lots of info. I will keep everyone informed via the blog.

How is that for an announcement?


Have a great day…….

1 comment:

Safire said...

Good for you Ida! Looks like it's a well thought out plan. :) We will miss you though.