Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wow..It has been a while

Wow
It has been awhile. I have really got to get myself together. Well let’s see where do I start.
School--I passed my last 2 classes with an A in Web Page Development and a B in Psychology. We seem to have 3 week in between classes this time. I will be taking Web Page Development II and Origins of Western Culture. I have already got my books so I am doing a little reading ahead of time.
Home & Health--I have not done any cleaning yet. I take that back I started cleaning off the dining room table. I think the reason for this is because my neck has been hurting. I went to the doctor and he is putting me back into traction. YUCK! I have lost 16 pounds but I think I am going to have to do this on my own. I cannot believe how much they charge for their food. My Diabetic eye appointment went well. All thing is looking good as well as my mamo and other appointments. So health wise I am doing well except for the neck, but I can live with that.
Fostering--I have a new foster. This one is a one year old male. This is his write up. “Copper is a one year old buff male, who came in with a chow, was very attached to the chow. His long comments follow. Copper is the cutest little fellow; the pictures I sent do not do him justice. Copper may be a mix perhaps with Pomeranian. I just love him. He is also a hero! Back in May, the ACO received a call about a skinny little cocker by the side of the road. When she arrived Copper was barking at her, then would approach and run away, almost like a game. He persisted and kept running toward a ditch. The ACO followed and found Copper's companion, Penny, in the ditch. Penny is a sweet chow mix who was so malnourished that she could not stand up. The ACO said that had Copper not alerted her Penny would have died in that ditch. She said it was clear that they were very attached to each other. She said it was also interesting that Penny, the chow, initially always pushed her food toward Copper. The ACO tried hard to find a rescue to take them both but then was able to find us and an all breed rescue to take Penny. Penny was still at the shelter and when the ACO let Copper out into the yard he kept trying to run back to his run for Penny while letting out a sorrowful howl. Honestly, I'm glad she already had a rescue commitment for Penny or I would have probably brought her back too. It is assumed that both were dumped from a car together.” If he keeps up his behavior his new name will be Xander and he will be adopted by ME. He really is a sweetheart. I am very close to adopting him. If I do I don’t think I can foster but I can still volunteer. Right now the poor guy has a double ear infection and a cold.

TTFN
Lavender

No comments: