Hi Everyone,
8/18/08 to 8/24/08
I’ve been busy this week. I have started going through the boxes in the back building and the garage. I am finding things I thought I had lost. For example my 5, 10, 15 year pins from work showed up. I was so happy I thought I had lost them forever. I also found pictures, more and more pictures! Will it ever stop? I am hoping that his payday I will be able to buy the negative/slide scanner I want. It will be a lot cheaper than getting it done at a photo shop. Most of the stuff I have found so far will go into my office and 3 boxes for Goodwill. I still have lots more to go through. But I did find some framed pictures and have hung some of them up. I am noticing that I have several copies of pictures. I guess that happens when you inherit the pictures from the parents who inherited their pictures from their parents. You get lots and lots of copies.
Recently I was approved for a home improvement type of account from GE. We are going to put on new doors and storm doors. We are only going to do a few at a time since the amount was not very high. Once the doors are done we are going to go onto other things in the house. I am thinking of some major changes but not sure yet. We have 4 doors and storm doors total to do. I also want to put a door in the house to separate MaltesePutter and MooMooCows room from the rest of the house for more privacy for them. I am also going to try and put in a bathroom down there for them as well.
I have been kind of busy at work upgrading software for the ID machines, fixing configuration on the Credit Card terminals and putting in software on the registers for disaster recovery. This too never ends. TheBoss is always finding us something to do. Next month I get to learn how to put in server patches. We are once again going through getting a new POS system in. I hope it works out this time. TheBoss is going through the RFP’s now. I also just found out that I can use my blackberry as a wireless connection on my laptop. It’s about the only thing it is good for, oh yeah and the brick breaker game. Otherwise it just sends me my email from work and keeps me in contact with them 24/7. OK who invented the cell phone I want to sue for mental anguish
8/25/08 to 08/31/08
I just had an eye exam. You know the kind where they dilate the eyes and puts lots of light beams into the eye. They took pictures and tested for blood leakage and swelling. It was a base exam because of the diabetes. So far all looks good. I could barely see for a couple of hours and had to wear 2 pair of sunglasses but it was worth it. I don’t have to go back for a year. The pictures will be done every 3 to 4 year or if they see something they need to check. I wish I could get all of my doctor’s appointments in the same week just once. Oh well. Guess what I was just able to do. Get all my appointments in 1 week. Actually I made in 1 day. The dentist is 2 days later but that does not count. Now I can get all the meds I take at one time. Yeah!! Now I just hope I remember to take in the paper work for the refills.
This week at work I am testing some procedures on the register and cleaning up the lab. Oh joy. I used to like coming to work but not as much any more. I was on call Friday and Saturday and it was quite peaceful.
On Saturday I went and did some pricing to have the transmission fluid changed. I cannot believe the difference in just 1 mile. One place was 325.00 a block away was 246.00 then 2 blocks up is was 119.00. Guess where I went. So I made an appointment for Sunday.
Sunday I got the car taken care of then went and spent money on my self. Actually this also entailed Saturday. I got me a pair of tennis shoes, a back pack and portable water bowl for Dawn. I am going to start visiting the parks and such around here. Safire and Juice you and your family are welcome to join me. That is if you ever decide to come home. Sounds like you’re having too much fun on your vacation. I have gotten quite a few pamphlets from the DNR for National parks around here. On Sunday I broke down and bought a bird, a Parakeet. I think I am going to name her Piper.
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you are keeping busy Ida! We would love to come and explore the parks with you. We are suckers for hiking. :) See you when we get back.
Post a Comment