Tuesday, October 7, 2008

September
In case you do not know I started collecting liquor/wine bottles. I picked up a bottle today in the shape of a bull. It is anatomically correct. If you know what I mean? I have one bottle of Tequila that has the Agave plant (which is what they make tequila from) cut in glass at the bottom of the bottle. I also have one shaped like a violin and various glasses, shot glasses etc. If we ever get around to it we will have a very stocked bar as far as glasses and such goes.
We received a mother board and I got to play with it and try to get the pc running. I only say this because it is the 1st mother board I have ever messed with. We wound up with 3 PC’s down. Originally 2 PC’s were down. I can’t get any of them to work. Worked on the mother boards again with some one and we were able to get 3 pc’s up and running. Yeah us. I learn something new here every day. Yeah” (sarcastic) the union at work got our raises despite the budget shortfall here. Know we all have to take 2 -4 days of furlough. I hate the union.
I took a few days off then on Monday I hit 3 doctors in one day. All of the doctors say that I am ok, See you in 6 months. I am now cancer free for 4 years. My weight keeps fluctuating. 5 pounds down then 4 pounds up, so on and so on. I am never going to get in that bikini at this rate.:-). The Only thing left is to get a mammogram in December to see if the spots they found are spots or a problem.
I increased my memory in the computer to 1 GB. I wish I could do the same for me. If any one gets VISTA I would advise getting more ram. My computer came with the bare minimum, but after adding the memory it comes up and moves a lot faster. Vista is a resource hog. The use of Vista is getting easier as more patches come down to fix problems. I am now up to 1996 of the photos. I cannot believe how slow this process is especially when it comes to dating them. I will find the same pictures in 2 to 3 different years. So don’t be surprised if I send you one and try to get a date of the picture from you.
My dog Dawn just had a check up and of course I have been scolded because she has gained her weight back. Bad, Bad me. I also bought a parakeet, it is a female. I named her Piper. I think I am going to get her a companion and name him Leo. I have actually seen Dawn go check on the bird when she squawks. The cats are doing well. Dawn and Sonya get along great. Apparently Dawn must have had a fight with both cats because when they meet Dawn turns around and goes the other way. It is so funny to watch this. Dawn is a wuss.
Thursday 10/2/08, William gave me a real scare. Apparently during a delivery he was taking the hand cart out from under 7 cases and it bounced back and hit him in the head. He said it bled like crazy. This was around 2 in the afternoon. On his way back to the warehouse he was feeling a little nausea so he stopped to get something to eat. When it was time to go home he told me he was feeling a little sick. We decided to go to the emergency room to get his head checked out. We sat there for a while and he kept acting like he was really spaced out. When we got called back he was walking real slow to the room. He sat down and then proceeded to pass out. I caught him as he fell other wise he would have hit the back of his head on the metal bar. Thing proceeded to get worse. He could not focus on anything and had a real hard time getting any answers out. They took him back and did a cat scan on the brain. They said there was no bleeding on the brain. I was surprised that they even found a brain.:-) But he did have a concussion. Can you believe it? William gave himself a concussion with his own hand cart. I am sooo proud of him. I thought I was they only one who did kooky things like that. I have taught him well. He is at home recuperating. He is light and noise sensitive and takes longer to answer you but he is getting there.

1 comment:

Safire said...

That's so cool that you want to walk 100 miles. You'll be so in shape by the time you get to it! :) And great job going through all those pictures. I wish I had some time to do it. :)

Come over any time William works late. We would love to see you!