Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Adoption Show

Saturday I went to my first adoption show. It was ok. I got 4 Christmas ornaments and a calendar. The ornaments are clear balls with a red or black bow. The lady put on the ball whatever I wanted. So let’s see I got one for Mickey, Jax, Sonya and Dawn. I did meet some interesting people though. We had one guy who was looking for a companion for his dog. His dog was adopted form OBG many years ago and the dog is about 16. Then a lady came in to pick up a dog she had applied for but she did not take her home. Her eyes were red and wanted them checked first and would not believe the foster about what was wrong then she was upset cause the dog had dirt on it (she had just been walked) I hope she does not get the dog. She seems to want a perfect dog and there are no such things.
On Sunday I took Queenie to her new forever home. Here is the note I got from the new mommie: Dear Foster Mommie:
I am adjusting very well in my new home. There was a little time after you left that I had some separation anxiety. But after a short whimper and a busy look all through the house, I went for a long walk in the new neighborhood. After that I found a whole bin full of doggie toys. I took every one out and found a new favorite. Because I was still very wired up from this change of events, we kept very busy exploring the back yard and tracking a big cat and probably the deer who come by. After that my new mommy and daddy had their friends come over to meet me. I was so well behaved and made friends with them too. They have 3 little boy puppies that I am going to meet one at a time once I get settled. I was not too upset to eat all my dinner and even a biscuit. Whew! It was a long day and I curled up next to my mommy who watched Desperate Housewives upstairs instead of the Redskins game. After another walk around the yard I gave a little whimper then went into my condo and passed out as soon as the lights went out. I did not get up until everyone else so I guess I am on a new schedule. All day today I played and walked again and stayed close by to mommie in her office. Tomorrow we go to the vet which might be a little upsetting but, hopefully not too bad. I also got brushed today and my ears medicated without any trouble. Thank you for taking such good care of me and I will keep in touch if you write to me occasionally. Love, Queen Lizbeth, aka. Queenie, Lizzy, and Sweetie.
Of course I had to write back: Dear Queen Lizbeth, aka. Queenie, Lizzy, and Sweetie, I am so happy that you are adjusting well and getting the love and attention you deserve. I did hear you whimper a little when I left and wanted to rush back, but I didn't knowing you were in good hands. I almost have your little page done for my book. I hope you don't mind if I say hi and check on you in a month or so. Lots of Love Ida...aka Foster Mommie.
The book I am referring to is a book I am creating with all of the dogs I will be fostering. Almost like a memory book. Of course the book is a notebook and it is “lavender”. When I got home I caught Dawn looking for Queenie. But I think she got over it fast. I think she is glad to be the only dog for a little while again. I can’t wait for the next one. I was supposed to get one at the show on Saturday but after a doctor’s visit they found that she has kennel cough. Oh well it gives me a little break and time to clean. One of these days I will go into my office to clean and work on pictures instead of play games

No comments: