Sunday, November 30, 2008

On Saturday (11/22)I went to Hagerstown to pick up 2 dogs from the Cumberland Humane Society. One was male and one was female. Believe it or not the female was called Whiskey and the male was called Lucky. I would have thought the opposite. The female may be my next foster. She is a senior about 8 years old and is buff in color. I missed the adoption show that day but I am learning the ropes in other ways such as dropping doggies off at the vets and filling out paper work. Is there anything in the world that does not require paper work? . I have started collecting a few items from the people at work for the doggies. Today I got a doggie bowl and 2 beds.
This week I have taken off (Thanksgiving Week) except for Monday. On Tuesday I will be driving William into work so I can get my blood work done and take my dog and cat to the vet. The cat is a regular check up and she is going to get chipped. Dawn still has some lumpies I am worried about. So I want to get them checked out. I am getting Sonya chipped because she HATES collars. She will do anything to get them off of her. I had a cat once that I had to take to the hospital due to getting her lower jaw stuck under the collar. So she gets chipped in case she escapes the house
I have been trying to get back into cakes again. I bought a caddy to hold the tools in. I also picked up a Butterfly cake pan for a birthday in May of next year. In April I am going to attempt to do a cake in the shape of children’s blocks. Oh joy, this is going to be fun to play with. This is one job where your mistakes can be a good as the success. Yum…as my friend Safire would say. I am going to try and order the Cow cake pan for Marie but that will have to wait until after the holidays. I could not find it at the store so I will have to get it from Wilton’s web site. I believe I still have the Texas shaped one for William. I am going to try and find a star shaped on and do Norman a Dallas Cowboy cake for his birthday. Just don’t tell him that.
I only have 2 payments left on my computer and then I am going to get a fold away bed for the front room. This way if I have a comfortable bed to sleep on if I want to sleep in the front room. I have fallen asleep watching tv and the couch is ok but…..ow my neck. It is only a love seat so it is too short for sleeping. Besides if any one comes over and needs to spend the night I will now have a place for them to sleep. I found the bed I want at the Ashley site and I am going to get the chair and ottoman to match. I am going to order it next week but it will usually take 6 weeks to get in so that puts it past the holidays and my 2 payments for the computer.
We had a nice Thanksgiving. I actually fixed a turkey that was really good (Thanks Jewel for the recipe). Once again they made homemade sweet potatoes and mac and cheese. Saturday was Jewels birthday I actually sang to her (we all did) and I am sure she went away with a headache. Malteseputter and I got her 2 video set that are on her Christmas list. Season 1 of Stargate Atlantis and Hercules season 3.
I got a new foster on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. She is around 8 years old and she is getting along great with Dawn. I think it’s because she is not as bity as Queenie was. Her name is Whiskey and she is one of the dogs I picked up last week from the Cumberland Shelter. She hates the crate. She goes in fine but once the gate is closed she starts barking and howling. I put one of the beds in the room and she slept on it all night with no problems. She gets along fine with the cats. Whiskey loves the beds I got and actually so does Dawn. She has never slept in a bed (except mine) since she has been here. I am finding out a lot more about dawn with each new foster, Dawn is learning as well. With this one I think I am going to need to do some basic training. I sure do hope it’s not true what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks…….Until next time.

No comments: