Friday, November 7, 2008

Cakes and Cockers

Well so far things are going well. I have decided to keep the paper and not even open it for the 5th. Such an historic event, that I will be saving it and passing it on to the family. I have begun fostering for the Oldies but Goodies Cocker Rescue. My first foster is a black 2 year old female. She seems to be getting along fine with my cat and Dawn. She does have an ear and yeast infection and taking meds for this. I also have to give her special food (the rescue provided) and supplements. The kids want me to adopt her. I do have 2 people already who want to meet her. I am meeting someone this Sunday who wants to meet Queenie. Yes her name is Queenie and she is really cute and playful but I am NOT giving up Dawn. I think that’s what they want me to do. NO Way. My friends from the old neighborhood were kind enough to put a link to my blog from her blog. She mentioned me in her blog. That was so sweet. I am just going to have to invite them over again for dinner. Don’t worry I won’t cook. But I might make a cake, now that I can do. Ma’s and Marie’s birthdays are coming up and not sure what to get them. I’ll bake them a cake. OK enough with the cake. Dawn is doing well with her meds as well. I found out I am one of only two people in Frederick County who foster for OBG. Wow..That means no Vets out here for them either. I have to go to Montgomery County. I am going to try and find one so it will be easier. I will be going to 2 adoption shows. One is on the 15th and one is on the 22nd. They are in Olney and Rockville. So needless to say I will be getting busier. I just found someone to do the home inspection which means she will show me how to do it and I can start do them all on my own. WOW….I am really going to get busy now. Of course this will interfere with William and his golf game. I have to take him to the golf course and pick him up. My friends are coming over and we are going to have lasagna and salad. But on Friday night/Saturday morning I will need to bake a cake for desert. I will let you know how it all went.

No comments: