Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Puppy's world

Well I got my puppy! I am now caring for 3 dogs right now. Dawn, Pawline (my foster) and Willow my puppy. I have been surprised at the reaction from Dawn and Pawline. Pawline is from a back yard breeder and was spayed only 2 weeks ago. Dawn was also breed but she was spayed almost a year ago, and from my fostering I have found she really does not get along with younger dogs. Well Dawn has taken on the roll of Mom. She has even let Willow suckle (and there is nothing there). When Willow gets to routy she will pounce Willow and make her calm down. When Willow cries she runs to her to see whats wrong. Pawline will just growl when Willow gets close. Although when they are outside Willow can play a little with Pawline. I feel like a new mother as I get up anywhere between 1-4 to feed the pup. I am so glad I decided to take a vacation for the first few weeks. I am tired. I am trying to get her time turned around she sleeps during the day and plays at night. So I have been taking her out every 2 hours even if she is sleeping. More as time goes on.

1 comment:

Safire said...

Yay a puppy! Can't wait to meet her!