Friday, March 13, 2009

Dog Antics and Doctors

On or about the 2nd week she was here she started walking upstairs. When I go to try and pick her up to take her outside now she likes to run from me. She constantly steals my socks and when I go to take it from her again with the running. I even caught her and Dawn playing tug a war with my sock. I really think she thinks it is just a game. She had her first doctors appointment on March 3rd. So far all is well. The doctor said after a few weeks I could cut back on one of the feedings. Gee wonder which one that will be? Dawn is acting younger and younger. She and Pawline are playing more and she plays more with the puppy. Even Pawline is acting better around her. After a few loud no’s from me and a couple of attacks from Dawn I think she got the message. She will still growl sometimes when the puppy gets too close but she will actually play sometimes. Yesterday (3/12) Willow actually walked down the stairs for the first time. During the day while I am at work Willow goes to Safire’s house and is being potty trained. Safire has a doggie door which I found is great. I think I am going to get one but I will have to be careful as I have cats and don’t want them outside. I know I can get one that will open automatically with a special dog collar but that will have to wait. Right now she cannot go out onto the deck without a leash as she will fall right over the ledge because of her size.
I go this week end to introduce a potential adopter to Pawline. I hope they like her as right now Pawline is getting on my last nerve. If they don’t I will have to ask OBG to find another foster for her. Then I am going to take a long break so that I can get Willow and Dawn trained. Yes I am going to put Dawn through training classes as well. I am also going to get her off the bed and into a crate. Wish me luck on that one.
While I was on vacation I went to 4 different doctors and all is well. I did find out however that instead of follow ups for 5 years for the cancer it is now 10 years. As of the last appointment with the radiation oncologist the appointments will be yearly. Next year my appointments will go yearly with the regular oncologist. Errrrg. I thought I would be done with this at the five year mark which will be June 10 of this year. I also found out I have what they call “Trigger finger”. My middle finger will lock in a curled up position after I curl up my hand and do a stretch. Doctor said it will only get worse. The treatment is NSAIDS (anti-inflammatory meds) for a few weeks, then if that does not help then I get a cortisone shot (ouch) in the hand, if that does not work the S (surgery) word. William just looked at me and said “I sat the last one out so I guess this means I can’t sit this one out right”. Boy, feel the love that come from my offspring. Other than that my breathing has improved slightly and all my numbers (blood work) looks good.

No comments: